An Art Project To Remember at RAPS
Hi today we are starting a new school-wide arts project.
This is an art project for all the family to take part in. It will be a record of the unusual times that all families are living through at this time. We hope that it will be enjoyable for everyone And Lots of Families will take part.
Memory Vessels have been made throughout history. They can be made out of all sorts of bits and bobs around your home and you can cover any vessel.
What to do?
We are inviting each family to make one.
- Each family will make a very different vessel depending on the objects in their home.
- You can use all sorts of everything to make your memory vessel.
- You can use any vessel to attach your decorations to.
What you need
- You need a vessel to decorate – anything will do – an old cup ,teapot. jar, bottle or anything else.
- You will need all sorts of small items to decorate – absolutely anything!
- You will need something to attach them with – glue ,filler, tile adhesive, putty etc.
- Everyone can attach something.
- You can then store memories inside – on paper or in other ways that you wish.
- Keep your vessel for our return to school
- Photograph your vessel
- Photograph your family making the vessels.
- Email the photograph to school at email@example.com
- We will then send these photographs to Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens As a record of our history at this time.
We really look forward to seeing your creations. We would like as many families as possible to take part In creating a truly memorable art collection.
There is a slideshow with all this information and photos in your Google Classroom, here is a PDF version