Circumstances have been a little different for the year 6 leaver’s production this year so we have had a go at some film making. We discovered a lot of acting talent that we were unaware of and there are some award winning performances from the children.
They had a great time making the film and learning new skills and with the technical wizardry of Mr Williams we have a film.
We hope you enjoy watching it as much as the children enjoyed making it. They were truly creative.
1. Wow! What A Year! + Dynamite.
2. Memories and Thank Yous.
This week at school, we have some amazing events going on. Everyone will be taking part in a variety of outdoor activities, as well as class-based well-being workshops and crafts. We thought it would be the perfect way to end what has been a very different, and challenging, school year and we hope that all year groups have the best time taking part in lots of new, exciting challenges.
Despite the typical British weather, we’ve been having a brilliant time and everyone has been getting themselves involved in everything!
The nursery children taking part.
On Friday 7th May, the whole school took part in our own Race for Life to support Cancer Research UK . Everyone did so well, receiving a medal and a certificate for taking part. The best bit is that, in total, we raised £839 for Cancer Research!
Well done to everyone and thank you so much for all the kind donations!
The current opening and closing times for school are as follows:
- 8.40 – The school gates will open
- 8.45 – Teachers will collect all children from the yard and bring children into school.
Closing takes place between 15:20 and 15:40 with the year groups leaving at the following times:
- 15:20 – Years 1 and 2
- 15:25 – Years 3 and 4
- 15:30 – Reception
- 15:35 – Years 5 and 6
- 15:40 – Nursery
Any questions, please contact the school.
We have provided a Remote Learning page where you can find information about how we provide remote learning, as well as get weekly worksheets for both Recption and Year 1.
Hello we hope everyone is enjoying their summer holidays. Please see the attached letter about the reopening of school . Thank you.
Hi today we are starting a new school-wide arts project.
This is an art project for all the family to take part in. It will be a record of the unusual times that all families are living through at this time. We hope that it will be enjoyable for everyone And Lots of Families will take part.
Memory Vessels have been made throughout history. They can be made out of all sorts of bits and bobs around your home and you can cover any vessel.
What to do?
We are inviting each family to make one.
- Each family will make a very different vessel depending on the objects in their home.
- You can use all sorts of everything to make your memory vessel.
- You can use any vessel to attach your decorations to.
What you need
- You need a vessel to decorate – anything will do – an old cup ,teapot. jar, bottle or anything else.
- You will need all sorts of small items to decorate – absolutely anything!
- You will need something to attach them with – glue ,filler, tile adhesive, putty etc.
- Everyone can attach something.
- You can then store memories inside – on paper or in other ways that you wish.
- Keep your vessel for our return to school
- Photograph your vessel
- Photograph your family making the vessels.
- Email the photograph to school at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will then send these photographs to Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens As a record of our history at this time.
We really look forward to seeing your creations. We would like as many families as possible to take part In creating a truly memorable art collection.
There is a slideshow with all this information and photos in your Google Classroom, here is a PDF version